Huwebes, Nobyembre 24, 2011

Do you really Care?


As a requirement for my job application I was ordered to undergo Medical Examination to know if I'm fit to work.  Since I applied in Teleperformance, Shaw I had my medical exam at Health First  Clinic  which is also located on 3rd Level of Edsa Central Pavilion Mall. 

I went there and underwent the usual process: filling of forms, had my vital signs checked, blood extraction, urinalysis, drug test ,xray and physical exam. I don't know what the hell happened but it took me long hours for this medical exam.

First day
I immediately went there after my final interview. I don't wanna waste time but since there are lots of patients for pre-employment, I was able to complete everything except for one -- the Xray,
Holy Cow! I was asked to have a preg test since I am sexually active. Okay, so I already knew it, I'm going to shoulder the payment for my pregtest which costs around 5 bucks. Then the nurse told me, "Hindi na po aabot kapag magpapapreg-test kayo kasi closed napo kami by 7:00pm" Wow, okay fine. :l

Second day
I was there around 10:00am had my preg test which is obviously negative (Hello! What do you think of me? I'm practicing safe sex mind you!) Then I went to the xray room. There's this girl (she's tall, skinny with short colored hair, with pimples whatever) which I believe is a RadTech, she instructed me to wear a gown, no bra and jewelries but she forgot to tell me to clip my hair. LOL. (She just parted my hair to the front) And that's it. I was done.

Third day
I went back to the recuitment site to pass my requirements. I asked the receptionist if my medical result was already there, she then said yes and everything's normal. Wow! I was very happy when I went back home. Then I received a text message from the HR saying that there was a discrepancy with the chest xray result. Stating that I'm not fit to work. Darn! How could that be?

Fifth day
Another girl from the HR called me and said I need to go back to the clinic to confirm what I'll be doing next. I was asked to undergo Apicolortdotic blah blah... WTF? I know what is that for. I started to become very anxious that I might have TB. Tsk tsk.

I decided to go to our family doctor instead. And had another chest xray. Then she told me it's Normal. Then I went back to TP after 3 weeks, and discussed it with them. A guy from the HR said I should talk to the clinic. Again, I went back to that freakin place, then the nurses informed the RadTech about my case. I was advised to take a new CXR plus the Apicolordotic one.. Woah! Now that's what I call "SCAM!"

As usual, I shouldered the charges again. Spent around 16 bucks and then I got the results of both view: NORMAL. Then where the hell the suspicious blah blah blah on my first chest xray came from?!!!!  I really felt bad! I was scared, I felt like I was robbed and I wasted my time. 

Well, I guess the clinic should change its name from Health First to Money First. 

Funny fact: The results of the X-ray aren't released.  They are stored in the clinic's computer. That result is worth 300 plus in Php. If you want a plate, you have to pay additional Php150. Oh well, the Money First Clinic deserves an applause! 

2 comments:

Gigi Era ayon kay ...

Hey, you're not alone though my experience was with a different clinic. What's wrong with them?!

Unknown ayon kay ...

tang inang yan dapat sagot nila medical ampohtahhh

Mag-post ng isang Komento